Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hormone Panel Results


As I mentioned in my previous post, I recently completed an at-home saliva hormone panel with blood spot to check Thyroid function. Thankfully, my husband is able to order these tests so it's quite convenient.

Yesterday my results came in and as I thought, many of my hormone levels are off. Here's what it said:

-Estrogen and Progesterone are both low
-The ratio of Estrogen to Progesterone is very low
-Noon Cortisol levels are low
-Evening and night Cortisol levels are borderline low
-TSH level is high with Free T4 and Free T3 levels normal


I'm so excited to receive these results. I was hoping that these results would make since of the symptoms I'm still experiencing. My husband was even able to talk with the lab's on call doctor to review the findings. Although she was surprised that a 25 year old has all of these issues, she also said that correcting the imbalances will make me feel much better.

I realize that at my age, having numerous hormone imbalances is strange, but with Porphyria it makes since. If your blood isn't whole, how can your body function properly? I urge everyone to take this simple saliva hormone panel with blood spot. If you are still experiencing symptoms between attacks, it might not be mini-Porph attacks. Some symptoms of hormonal imbalances overlap with mild symptoms of Porphyria.

So go get checked and feel better!

For additional information on salivary hormone panels, check out ZRT Labs. http://www.zrtlab.com/

2 comments:

  1. Sister I very much feel your pain. My daugher is in the NC Baptist hospital as I type with her dad, this is her 4th trip in 10 days. She has seizures, personality disorder, depression, fibromyalgia, chronic abdominal pain, throwing up blood, passing blood in the stool, neuropathy in the arms and legs, tachacardia. We are getting the same results as you, only we have not been lucky enough to get a DNA test, since she is on medicaid. She has been sick for the last 31 months, at one time she was having seizures up to 8 times a day. Last night she went to the er because she was vomiting blood, they sent her home.

    Anyway I plan to add your blog to follow and bookmark it. God in heaven knows i feel your pain and understand your flustration at getting a diagnosis.

    Regina

    rgdquilts@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning,
    Have you been able to correct your hormones and did it make a difference?
    Dave

    ReplyDelete