Friday, July 12, 2013

The Dog Days of Summer

When I'm not sick - or have your husband's surgery to post about - I don't really think about blogging.  However, I feel guilty for only sharing about the bad times in my life when, in reality, most of my days are not affected by porphyria.  So here's a little about what's been going on lately (or since September and my last entry....has it really been that long?  I'm a horrible blogger.)

Well, there was the usual:  Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.  All uneventful.  We stayed at home for all holidays and didn't do much.  Passed out candy to the neighborhood kids, ate a lot of turkey at my parent's house, opened presents, and once again didn't stay up long enough to see the ball drop and ring in the New Year.  It sounds pathetic, but I like my sleep.

The BIG NEWS is that Steve and I welcomed a baby into our family!!!  No, not that kind....better! 

Please welcome Duke, our adorable English Cream Golden Retriever.

















Can you even handle how adorable he is?  I know.

He's now 8 months and we are absolutely in love with him - although he's got some crazy hormones going right now since we are waiting till he is a year to have him "fixed" (don't tell him). 

He's been going to work with us since the day we got him and during lunch we take him to the park to run and play.  My thought was to have him become a therapy dog with the children's hospitals and assisted living facilities nearby so we are working on his training.  He's such a sweet boy.

So that's what's up.  Ever since Duke entered the picture, our lives have revolved around feeding him, taking him out, playing with him, training him, telling him he's not allowed to eat the furniture, telling him he's not allowed to play in Mommy's drapery treatments that she loves so much, telling him he's not allowed to bark at the tree in the front yard all day, telling him he's not allowed to bite the neighborhood children, telling him he's not allowed to steal socks out of the dryer, telling him he's not allowed to take Mommy's underwear out of the laundry basket and parade them around the house like a found treasure.....

3 comments:

  1. Porphyria Treatment can be done by hematin, analgesics, propranolol, beta carotene supplements, and chloroquine but the best Herbal Treatment for Porphyria presently available in the market is Porphyria Herbal Remedy provided by natural herbs clinic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Autism,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Glaucoma.,psoriasis,Cirrhosis of Liver, Cataracts,Macular degeneration, Infectious mononucleosis.,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis,
    Dementia.,Tach Disease,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Chronic Diarrhea,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really great information found here, I really like your blog. Thanks very much for the share. Keep posting.
    ChicagoStem Cell Therapy

    ReplyDelete